Granite countertops require special maintenance so that they can remain beautiful throughout the years. Although granite is scratch-resistant, it still needs to be properly maintained with this material. Here are some simple procedures to follow:
1. Spillage will penetrate into the surface layer, so it should be cleaned immediately when a spillage occurs to avoid staining.
2. The surface of the stone is neutral, like stone soap or mild washing liquid and warm water, etc., can be used with confidence.
3. When cleaning with soapy liquid, you can clean it with a soft and clean cloth, then clean it thoroughly with clean water.
4. If you accidentally dye it, remove it according to the type of dyeing. First, try to stick it away with a paste: a cup of flour, 1-2 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid, and water to stir into a paste. Put the paste on the stain and put on a plastic cover. Until the next morning, you can use a wooden utensil to scrape off the paste and then clean it with water. This method is applicable except for stains caused by grease, oil, and milk. To remove stains caused by grease, oil, and milk, use hydrogen peroxide or ammonia to replace the dishwashing liquid to make a paste.
5. For organic stains caused by coffee, tea, or fruits, it should be effective to remove hydrogen peroxide with a solubility of 12% and a few drops of ammonia. China Stone Net
(1) The stains caused by ink, marking and alcohol, if it is dark granite, then it needs to be removed with paint diluent or acetone solution. For light-colored granite, you can use hydrogen peroxide.
(2) Another way to eliminate wine, ink, or any other non-greasy stains is to stir the gypsum and pure bleach into a paste, apply it for 30 minutes, and then clean and rinse.
(3) For stains caused by oil or fat, you can use gypsum and water to stir it into a paste, apply it for 3 hours, and then remove and clean it.
(4) The granite countertops need to be sealed every two or three years. You can ask your installer how often you need the countertops. Of course, the countertops used to store food should use a non-toxic seal Box machine.
(5) If you prefer to use cleaners, there are new disinfectant cleaners on the market that specifically clean granite countertops.
(6) Any problems that you cannot handle or are unfamiliar with, please ask a professional to handle the cleaning work.
(7) Suitable for trays, especially for drinking alcoholic and citrus beverages. The acidity in these beverages will cause corrosion of the stone surface.
(8) Don’t put hot things on the countertop.
(9) Frequently check the damage of these cleaning methods on the color or granite of small areas of granite.