Artificial stone is widely used in today’s society, and its types are abundant. In addition, the appearance of artificial stone is beautiful, simple, and generous, and more and more people use it. But you don’t know how to maintain the artificial stone. We introduce a few simple and practical methods for your reference:
1. Do not allow heavy or sharp objects to directly impact the surface; oversized or overweight utensils should not be placed on the table for a long time; nor should they be washed with cold water and then immediately scalded with boiling water.
2. The surface of artificial stone countertops should be kept as dry as possible at ordinary times, and bleach and scale in the water should be prevented from making the countertops lighter and affecting appearance. Most of the stains will not pose a threat to the artificial stone. The artificial stone is a solid, dense stone material without pores. It has the characteristics of resisting erosion of all kinds of stains. Most stains such as food, cooking oil, soy sauce, vinegar, alcohol, iodine, lemon oil, lipstick, shoe polish, the ink will not pose a threat to artificial stone, and its durability is very good. It is easy to maintain, no waxing, and cost-saving features that make it widely used in homes and commercial spaces.
3. Daily cleaning water stains or a small number of stains can be removed immediately by scrubbing with a damp cloth and adding a small amount of household cleaning agent or soapy water. If it is severely stained or cut, wipe it with household decontamination powder and tea gourd cloth to maintain its surface gloss.
4. Use soapy water or a detergent containing ammonia (such as detergent) to clean it. For the scale, you can use a damp cloth to remove the scale and then wipe it with a dry cloth.
5. For strong stains, cigarette butts burns, or a small number of cut marks, use sandpaper and water to remove the stains or cuts, and polish with glazing wax. For more serious damage, please contact the artificial stone processing factory, they have the skills and equipment to repair the scars.
6. For knife marks, burn marks, and scratches, if the surface finish is required to be matte, you can use 400-600 grit sandpaper to polish until the knife marks disappear, and then use detergent and scouring pad to restore the original shape. If the surface finish is a mirror surface, first polish it with 800-1200 grit sandpaper, then use a polishing wax and wool polishing ring to polish with a low-speed polisher at 1500-2000rpm, and then clean the surface with a clean cotton cloth. For small white marks, moisten the surface with cooking oil and dry cloth.
7. There are many scratches on the countertop due to different reasons, or the appearance is affected by a long time (1-2 years), please ask professional and technical personnel to help you perform a thorough cleaning and maintenance.
8. Prevent strong chemicals from contacting the countertop, such as paint remover, metal cleaner, stove cleaner, methylene chloride, acetone (nail polish remover), strong acid cleaner, etc. If you accidentally come into contact with the above items, immediately wash the surface with plenty of soapy water. If the nail polish is stained, wipe it with an acetone-free cleaning agent (such as alcohol), and then rinse with water