Marble has beautiful colors, patterns, high compressive strength, and good physical and chemical properties. As the application of marble continues to increase, its design requirements are also increasing. Among them, the bathroom vanity is a very common way of expressing marble, so what are the advantages of marble countertops, and how to maintain and clean the countertops?
Advantages of marble countertops:
1. No deformation, high hardness of marble, strong wear resistance, uniform structure, extremely small linear expansion coefficient, complete internal stress disappears, and no deformation.
2. Long service life, marble countertops are not afraid of acid and alkali liquid corrosion, nor rust, not easy to stick to dust, and will not be affected by moisture, and the service life is very long.
3. Physical stability, no scratches, not blocked by constant temperature conditions, and maintain its original physical properties at room temperature.
4. Natural texture, elegant marble countertop, very suitable for high-end decoration.
Marble countertop maintenance:
Marble has an elegant luster. Because the stone has pores, it is difficult to maintain the luster of the marble. Sealing helps prevent the stone from absorbing liquid, but acidic liquids such as orange juice, lemon, soda, various foods, and common household cleaners will corrode the stone, so do not use acidic cleaners on the marble. To avoid water stains, rinse and dry the sink after each use. The only way to remove corrosion and water stains is to ask professionals to re-grind and re-polish. You can use soft, bleach-containing liquid detergents or ordinary household detergents for routine care.
1. The protection has a time limit and needs to be repainted regularly
Although the protective agent is not a panacea, it is absolutely impossible not to brush the protective agent on the sink. Even if the best protective agent is damaged by hot water, alkaline water (soap), and various bath materials for a long time, the effect will be reduced.
Under normal circumstances, the effect of handwashing protection can last for about 1 year, and different degrees of pollution and disease will appear within 2 years. Therefore, protection is not done once and for all, and protection should be regularly repaired. Small bathroom sinks do not require construction by professional stone care companies. It is recommended to use a “stone brightening care agent” and apply it by yourself. The price is not expensive, just wipe it with a small piece of cloth, which can clean, protect, and polish at the same time, which is very convenient.
2. Prevent long-term retention of water
After use, empty the water in the basin and wipe dry the water on the countertop. This habit can keep the stone surface clean and reduce pollution.
3. Choose the right cleaner
Stone is afraid of strong acids and alkalis. It is well known that the ingredients of cleaning agents should not be ignored for cleaning stone. Generally, cleaning agents contain acid and alkali. If cleaning agents with unknown ingredients are used for a long time, the surface of the stone will lose its luster and may even cause disease. For example, if marble is alkaline, use alkaline detergent, while granite is acidic, use acid detergent.
4. Prevent scratches
Hard object scratches and steel wire ball scratches will reduce the protective effect of stone and should be avoided as much as possible.
5. Special circumstances
If the sink has deep pollution, severe loss of light, surface aging, microcracks, cracks, or damage, you can ask a professional stone care company to deal with it.